An SEO Checklist To Help Boost Your Sales
No matter if you have a beautifully rendered website or a stunning portfolio you won’t get very far if you’re lacking sufficient SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
The thing is, Google, Yahoo, and Bing are extremely objective when it comes down to things like sitemaps, alt tags, and keywords, to name a few. Understanding the terminology isn’t really that important, but understanding how to improve your SEO is.
Here’s a checklist of some important do’s (and don’ts):
1. Ensure your page titles are relevant to the content.
2. When writing content, plan your keywords correctly.
3. Ensure all images have ALT tags set.
4. Generate a sitemap and submit for crawling.
5. Make sure your website is mobile responsive.
6. Avoid Flash (like the plague).
7. Update your content regularly (blog).
8. Ensure your URL structure is friendly.
9. Grow natural links, internal to your site and external.
10. Monitor your progress, adapt, repeat.
It’s an endless task, but a well-executed SEO strategy will have you infront of the competition (or at least alongside them). For help with any of these, get in touch.
Lee Panchbhaya is the Managing Director of Gloucestershire based PR Geeks Digital Marketing.
PR Geeks work with partners of all type and size, helping them achieve their desired business goals, whether that be creating a branded presence online or engaging their existing customers through Social Media Management and Email Marketing Strategies.